At The Window Store we take our environmental responsibilities seriously making
every effort to minimise the impact our business has on the environment. From supplying
energy efficient products to recycling old windows we are committed to the integration
of economic, social and environmental factors in all elements of the business, from
raw materials and manufacturing to installation and recycling.
As well as recycling our manufacturing waste we have now introduced a scheme to
enable our customers to recycle their post consumer waste through Dekura, the UK’s
leading PVC-u recycling organistion. We now have specially designed Dekura trolleys
at our Cardiff branch with several more soon to follow. These
trolleys allow our customers to dispose of old PVC-u products including windows,
doors, roofline and guttering.
Committed to sustainability
- We recycle both post consumer and post manufacturing waste
- Recycled material is used in new PVC-u products
- Through our continual recycling process products can have a lifespan of 400 years
- Dekura recycle over 50% of PVC-u waste in the UK
- Our A rated windows help reduce carbon emissions and fuel costs
By recycling old windows we are bringing thousands of tonnes of old PVC-u products
back into use in more efficient and advanced products, instead of sending them to
landfill. Via Dekura, The Window Store can maintain a continual recycling process
giving each product a total lifespan of 400 years.